Ferrari chassis #0606

Please excuse my english, we do our best…..

Another chassis with a particular history. A Ferrari that has experienced many twists on the circuits and in the garages of enthusiasts.


The model 290MM was produced in 4 copies in 1956 by the Maranello factories in order to participate in the Mille Miglia. They were powered by a V12 60 ° 3.5 l developing 320 hp up to the speed of 280 km / h.

The car completed its mission successfully and Castellotti won the race, Fangio, on his own, finished the Italian race in 4th place.
The chassis # 0606 won the GP of Sweden under the color of the factory in 1956 driven by Hill and Trintignant

In 1957 the car ran under the colors of the Belgian team, Francorchamps. Jacques Swaters drove the car to Spa and the 24h of Le Mans, where she gave up. Willy Mairesse at RACB GP de Spa and Silverstone where the car finished 5th.

In 1958 the car is returned to the factory where it will serve as a test car.
In 1959, # 0606 is equipped with a V12 « Colombo » engine of the Testa Rossa type and is then sold, painted yellow to a Brazilian buyer.

During the 1960, 1961 and 1962 seasons the car participated in many races on the South American continent in this configuration. Unfortunately during the 500km of Interlagos, the car is the victim of a serious accident and the pilot Rio Négri dies. The car is destroyed, literally cut in half.

The saved part of the car is then used in local races equipped with a V8 engine.

In 1986, an English buyer bought the car, thinking to buy the chassis # 0726, chassis of a 250 TR also seriously damaged. After an heavy renovation the car is rebuilt as such.

#0726 or #0606 – -photo credit : Barchetta Collection

In 1991, the car is resold and the new owner makes a deeper search and finds that it is the chassis # 0606 and that the car was, by mistake, rebuilt in # 0726. Unfortunately this buyer dies but the new owner of the car decides to continue the research work and put back the car in the configuration where she left the factory in 1959.

After 4 years of work, the car is finished and wears the colors of the « Escuria Lagartixa », as during races on the South American continent of the early 60s.

The car today on Goodwood circuit :

Toute reproduction interdite sans l’autorisation de l’auteur – Reproduction prohibited without permission of the author

@waltheradriaensen pistonsandwheels

Votre commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Google

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Google. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Connexion à %s

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :